- Doctorate in Applied Mathematics,
Department of Applied Mathematics,
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, U.S.A.
Thesis: Wave Propagation Algorithms for Multicomponent Compressible
Flows with Applications to Volcanic Jets
- Laurea (Master Degree) in Aerospace Engineering
(Summa cum Laude), April 1999
Politecnico di Milano,
- Maturità classica (Classical Lyceum), July 1993,
Liceo Classico G. Parini, Milan, Italy.
- Since January 2011: Assistant Professor
at the Department of Mechanical Engineering
- March 2009 - December 2010: Post-doctoral researcher at
INRIA Paris - Rocquencourt
(Project-team BANG), and
at the French National Laboratory of Hydraulics and Environment (LNHE -
EDF Research and Development).
- May 2005 - February 2009: Post-doctoral researcher at
the Département de Mathématiques et Applications
of the École Normale Supérieure
(ENS) and at the
Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris
(11 months, September 2005-August 2006).